At touchlab we build engaging, brilliant experiences for devices you watch, touch, and wear with enterprise, brand, civic, and startup partners. Over the last year we have grown from our "100% Android” roots to bring the same excellence across platforms.
As an experienced UIUX/Motion designer, you have a deep understanding of mobile design patterns and you’re fluent in the design languages of both Android and iOS. You know the rules and know how to break them to create amazing interfaces centered around the user.
Our team has built software that’s changed the way medical research gets done, enabled Ugandans to protect their forests, improved the way New Yorkers interact with their city, and allowed NBA players to order pizza from bluetooth-enabled sneakers. And that’s just the last year or so.
Local preferred, but willing to relocate for the right folks.
Your relationship with developers is seamless, and you can communicate design thinking effectively with a keen awareness of unique platform boundaries and capabilities.
- Create and develop design assets including but not limited to wireframes, user flows, iconography, and high-fidelity mockups
- Communicate design intent and rationale across internal and external teams
- Collaborate in a variety of contexts with external developers, designers, and researchers
- Help develop test plans and user research practices
- 3+ years experience in UIUX design
- Examples of your work in live products
- Examples of in-production motion design
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate design intent and rationale
- FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE - Plenty of vacation days and flexible work arrangements.
- COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS - Top notch health care package, life and disability insurance, 401k program, and more.
- GROW PROFESSIONALLY - Support to continue your education and grow professionally.
- GREAT FOOD - Catered team lunches every Wednesday.
- COMPANY GATHERINGS - Fun stuff like office happy hours, team outings, Droidcon NYC, Monthly Meetup, and company-wide events.
- TELL YOUR FRIENDS - A generous referral bonus if you help us find the best people.
To apply, please upload your resume. Include any links to your portfolio on the resume. A cover letter isn't mandatory, but feel free to upload one.
After you submit your application, we'll reach out to you if your skills and experience are a fit.